Sunday 17 July 2011

Granny Tales

Here is a sneak peek at the short story I’m working on for the writing competition here.

 

The mist was rising up from the moors in the distance resembling swirling tendrils of smoke as they wisped around in the chilly night air. A burnt orange kaleidoscope of colours, autumn leaves caught up in the breeze as they danced to a staccato beat. Tonight was the night when all things dark came to life and witches swept the skyline with their brooms. Every year on Halloween without fail, our own resident witch made her presence known to our household. I’d taken up my favoured viewing position in my room, tucked up in the fat cushions of my window seat, a woven blanket tucked around my legs as I sat, waiting and watching for the inevitable…..

No comments:

Post a Comment